Coming Soon: Greek Psalms in a Year

November 20, 2014
LXX Psalm 1

LXX Psalm 1

It’s funny–I was just thinking the other day about how much I missed Greek Isaiah in a Year. More than 200 of us read through the Septuagint text of Isaiah in a year, roughly five verses a day. Both the readings and the discussion were rich.

I didn’t do anything like that this past year, though the Greek Isaiah in a Year Facebook group I’d created stayed active, as folks went after it a second time.

Just this afternoon I learned that Russell Beatty, a member of the Greek Isaiah group, has started a Greek Psalms in a Year group, to launch January 1, 2015.

That group is on Facebook, and you can see the well laid out reading plan here.

I preached through some Psalms this past summer, which greatly deepened my love for that book of the Bible.

I can’t wait to get started–feel free to contact me or request to join the Facebook group if you’d like to read along with us.

1. Tony permalink
    November 20, 2014 9:01 pm

This is fantastic news!

• November 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Definitely! Can’t wait. In fact, I might not wait–may do some general browsing through the Psalter to get ready….

2. Mitchell BK permalink
    November 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Reblogged this on Ad fontes and commented:
    Coming Soon: Greek Psalms in a Year find out more at the Words on the Word Blog!

3. Mitchell BK permalink
    November 21, 2014 8:56 pm

The Above Permalink had problems so I have provided it again:

4. Phil permalink
    November 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Here’s a reading of the LXX Psalter.

• November 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Excellent! Thanks so much–I will be glad to check it out and refer to it often.

1. 15% Off All Logos 6 Base Packages (Portion goes to Words on the Word) | Words on the Word
  2. Greek Psalms in a Year: Resources for Reading | Words on the Word