This fall Hendrickson will publish a new Hebrew Reader’s Bible.
Hendrickson says it is:
A helpful language reference tool for students, pastors, and scholars. The BHS Reader’s Edition is for those who have a basic understanding of Biblical Hebrew and desire to read and study the Hebrew Bible. With this book alone (and a year’s study of Hebrew), students are able to read the Hebrew Bible in its entirety.
Zondervan already has such a Bible, which is the first Hebrew Bible from which I ever read (cue strings). But BHS Reader’s Edition has vocabulary helps for even more words, as well as verb parsings.
Here are the main features, in the words of the publisher:
- Complete text of the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, checked against the Leningrad Codex
- All words that occur fewer than 70 times are parsed and contextually defined in the apparatus
- Glossary listing of all other words
- Improved layout of poetic text
- All weak verb forms are parsed
- High quality paper does not bleed through
UPDATE: One of the authors (not Moses, though) notes that it includes full Hebrew paradigms, too. Looks like it will really be a one-stop shop for Hebrew Bible reading!
Once I get a look, I’ll report back!