Ulysses–writers’ darling when it comes to apps–has just received a significant update to version 2.1.
Some highlights (click the hyperlinked text for more on each):
- Support for more languages
- Ability to collapse and expand groups on iPad
- Writing goals from the Mac version are now in the iPad version (my favorite new feature)
- Ability to export to Pages–this .docx export ability is great (and includes Word), but unfortunately instead of offering it alongside .rtf export, that latter option has been eliminated now (leaving Nisus Writer Pro behind)
- More robust backup options (security for writers)
2.1 does not add to iPad the Mac functionality where you can navigate your sheet by headings, so users will have to hope for that in future updates.
All the same, this is a worthy update. If you can live with .docx export replacing .rtf export, Ulysses users will want to update right away.
Ulysses offers a free trial of its Mac version here.