The Best Case You Can Get for Your iPad Mini
My favorite iPad mini case has been replaced with another one from the same company.
INVELLOP now has a slightly heavier-duty leatherette case for iPad mini that works with both the first-generation and the retina mini model.
I find the case to be just about the perfect combination of protection and slimness.
This is what it looks like, in a few views:
Here’s why I haven’t put any other case on my iPad since getting this one:
- The cutouts (headphone jack, volume control, camera lens) are perfectly sized
- The case covers both front and back of the iPad; it’s all one piece
- Though I still sometimes take the case off for extended periods of reading or watching, it’s really easy to hold the iPad in one hand with the case folded back
- I actually have dropped the iPad a couple times (on the carpet, thankfully) since getting this case… and it’s been fine (phew!)
- After a few months of use, there is just the slightest bit of wear on the case, but it’s holding up very nicely
- Closing the screen flap puts the device to sleep; opening it wakes it–this functions perfectly
- At the time of this post, you can get the case for about $20 at Amazon (affiliate link to help fund ye ole blog)
- The inside of the screen cover has microfiber, which has not scratched the screen at all
- The screen cover is in thirds so that you can put your iPad upright (in landscape mode) in two different positions (for viewing or typing)
- There are magnets that keep the front cover secured in place when you fold it back
The only minor critique I have is that it’s slightly heavier (by a couple ounces, maybe) than the previous iteration of this case. But that’s a small price to pay for the greater protection and classier feel. Two thumbs up. This feels like everything you’d want an iPad mini case to be.